All habits-of-mind and patterns of behavior develop over time as neuron networks are strengthened (through repetition) and hardwired into your brain.
Neural scientists postulate that around 85% of our behavior occurs at an unconscious level of awareness. This is behavior conditioned into our psyche that’s a direct result of repetitively going through the same motions and thinking patterns.
Neuron pattern formation is vital to our survival as it allows us to operate on auto-pilot. Without the need to think about everything we are doing, we can focus on things that require conscious thought and awareness. The drawback is that sometimes these conditioned patterns don’t serve or support the goals we are striving to achieve.
When your desire to change your behavior conflicts with your patterns of conditioning, that’s when self-sabotage sets in. In other words, how you have chosen to frame your reality conflicts with how you’ve been programmed. And this is precisely why it’s so difficult to break old habits and patterns of behavior that have built the foundations of your personality.
IQ Matrix Maps
Below you will find relevant IQ Matrix maps that are part of this segment of the MasterMind Matrix chart:
Learn more about this segment of the MasterMind Matrix by visiting the following links and resources:
- 15 Insights About Neuroplasticity, Emotions and Lifelong Learning
- About Action Potential
- Brain Researchers Explain Why Old Habits Die Hard
- Brain Rules
- Eliminating Unhelpful Habits
- Habit Formation is Enabled by Gateway to Brain Cells
- How to Take Advantage of Neuroplasticity
- How You Can Train Your Brain to Form New Habits
- How Your Brain Shapes Your Life
- Neuroplasticity Isn’t Necessarily an Ally, but Understanding it is
- Neuroplasticity: The Battle in Your Brain
- Neuroplasticity: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Neuroplasticity: The Revolution in Neuroscience and Psychology
- Neuroplasticity: Want to Outsmart Your Brain?
- Neuroplasticity: Your Brain’s Amazing Ability to Form New Habits
- Nurture the Miracle of Neuroplasticity
- What is an Axon?
- What is a Cell Nucleus?
- What is a Dendrite?
- What is a Motor Neuron?
- What is a Neuron?
- What is a Synapse?
- What is Neuroplasticity?
- What is Brain Plasticity?
Here are several recommended books that will provide you with more insights and information about this specific segment of the MasterMind Matrix chart.