Success in any field of endeavor requires us to aim for something specific and tangible — something that’s outside the confines of our comfort zone. These targets form the foundations of our goals and shape all our decisions and actions.
It’s important to mention that everything we have discussed thus far impacts your goals. In other words, the goals you choose to set and pursue are a direct outcropping of the person you have become over a lifetime of experience. This essentially means that if you were any different, then your goals would also be different.
The process of setting a goal is straightforward but can be quite involving. We must first consider whether our goals are congruent with our values, beliefs, lifestyle, etc. We must determine whether they are ecological. We must also identify potential obstacles and the resources we have on hand to help us manage these challenges. Finally, goal setting also requires building a supportive environment that is aligned with the goals we seek to achieve.
Conflicts in any one of these areas will likely sabotage your progress as you work toward your goals.
IQ Matrix Maps
Below you will find relevant IQ Matrix maps that are part of this segment of the MasterMind Matrix chart:
- Bringing Goals to Fruition
- Goal Setting Process
- Igniting Ambition
- Life Resource List
- Overcoming Obstacles
- Setting New Year Resolutions
- Smart Goal Setting
- The Goal Assessor
- The Grow Model
Learn more about this segment of the MasterMind Matrix by visiting the following links and resources:
- 4 Ways to Find a Goal to Get Excited About
- 7 Silly Things People do to Mess up Their Goals
- 25 Painless Ways to Free Up an Hour a Day for Your Goals
- Be Ambitious with Goals Not Deadlines
- Experts’ Advice to the Goal-Oriented: Don’t Overdo It
- Goal Setting for Scientifically Minded People
- GROW Model: How to Grow Your Goals
- Here’s How to Set Goals in 3 Steps
- How to Deal with Goals You Don’t Reach
- How to Set Goals
- How to Set Smart Goals
- How to Stay Committed to Long-Term Goals
- Really Simple Goal Setting
- The Danger of Setting Big Goals
- The Five Secrets of Setting Short-term Goals
- The Science of Achieving Your Goals
- The Science of Setting Goals
- The Truth About Goals
- Top 10 Reasons Why Ants Are Better Goal Setters Than You
- Why Goal Setting Doesn’t Work
Here are several recommended books that will provide you with more insights and information about this specific segment of the MasterMind Matrix chart.