Everything we have discussed so far influences the expectations we have of ourselves, of others, and ultimately what we believe we’ll get out of life.
Our expectations are, however, heavily influenced by the expectations that others have of us in various situations. What this essentially means is that we often tend to live up to other people’s expectations of us — even to our own detriment.
It is said, that our expectations are akin to self-fulfilling prophecies. In other words, what we expect out of life we tend to get back from life, which ultimately creates the life experiences we have today.
One way to take control of your expectations and of your evaluations of the world is to begin consciously framing and reframing your reality.
Frames are mental structures used to help guide our actions, shape how we see the world and the meaning we ascribe to people and events.
On the other hand, reframing is a mental tool we can use to consciously transform the meaning we give to the events and circumstances of our lives.
IQ Matrix Maps
Below you will find relevant IQ Matrix maps that are part of this segment of the MasterMind Matrix chart:
Learn more about this segment of the MasterMind Matrix by visiting the following links and resources:
- About Milton H. Erickson
- About Neural Linguistic Programming
- A Practical Guide to Reframing Your Thoughts
- Can Your Expectations Shape My Behavior?
- Cognitive Reframing
- Frames, Framing and Reframing
- Framing (social sciences)
- How Expectations Affect Behavior
- How Other People’s Unspoken Expectations Control Us
- How the Power of Expectations Can Allow You to Bend Reality
- Neural Linguistic Programming Frames
- Neural Linguistic Programming Reframing
- Re-calibrate Your Reality
- Teachers’ Expectations Can Influence How Students Perform
- The Art of Reframing
- The Effect of Having an Expectation on Anticipated Interpersonal Power
- The Expectation Effect Study
- The Magic You Can Perform with Reframing
- The Pygmalion Effect
- The Rule of Expectation — The Impact of Suggestion
Here are several recommended books that will provide you with more insights and information about this specific segment of the MasterMind Matrix chart.