The Learning from Experience IQ Matrix will help you take full advantage of the power of self-reflection. You will discover how spending a little time on self-reflection at the end of your day can help you to improve your life in incredible and empowering ways. It will encourage you to think differently about your life experiences and as a result you will make more effective decisions.
Here is a quick break down of each branch of the Learning from Experience IQ Matrix:
- Self-Reflection Benefits: Explores the incredible benefits of self-reflection and what it means to begin examining your life consciously and learning from experience to help you make better choices and decisions in the future.
- What Self-Reflection Requires: Learning from experience is a pretty straightforward process, however self-reflection does require certain things from you. It requires you are open to new possibilities and perspectives, open to changing direction and adopting new habits of behavior. It also requires other things from you that will be essential to your success moving forward.
- The Self-Reflection Process: Settle yourself down in a quiet place with no distractions and begin to think and reflect. Reflect on your day, your decisions, actions, thoughts, emotions, beliefs, interactions, attitude, problems, roles, goals, behavior and so much more. This branch of the IQ Matrix explores the process of self-reflection and shows you how to think about all these things by posing several thought-provoking questions. How you answer these questions will provide you with the insights you need to make positive and powerful changes in your life.
- Learning from Experience: The second part of the self-reflection process requires you learn from your experience. You must therefore take all your answers from the self-analysis stage and begin thinking about cause-effect relationships and how you could potentially adopt different perspectives moving forward. This branch poses many more insightful questions that will help you learn from your experience and plan for the future.
- Guidelines for Self-Reflection: The final branch presents you with several guidelines to help you gain the most value from the self-reflection process. The branch also outlines how excessive self-reflection can actually harm you. As such, it’s important to remind yourself that moderation is always the safest strategy moving forward.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the habit of self-reflection, which will provide you with the insights you need to make better and smarter decisions throughout the day to help you get what you want in ways you probably never imagined was possible.