The Goal Assessor IQ Matrix explores a process you can use to assess the strength and viability of your ambitious goals. In other words, this map helps you assess whether you have what it takes to achieve your goal. It effectively helps you predict the likelihood of success.
Many people set ambitious goals, but very few people achieve them. The few that achieve them understand what it truly takes to set and accomplish a big goal. Those that don’t, just simply never took the time to think through what they’re getting themselves into. This mind map helps do that thinking for you.
The mind map walks you through the purpose of this goal assessment process. It highlights how this assessment will help you measure your level of discipline, productivity, confidence, focus and motivation. All of which you will need to address while in pursuit of your goal.
The mind map then takes you through the assessment process. The assessment areas covered within the map include:
- Assessing your future identity and whether or not it’s congruent with the goal you have set.
- Assessing the intrinsic and utilitarian value of your goal. If your goal fails to address these areas then you will likely lost the motivation needed to pursue it in the long-run.
- Assessing how much personal control you have over the accomplishment of your goal. The more control you have the more likely you will accomplish your goal.
- Assessing the social support you have to help you get through difficult moments.
- Assessing the opportunity cost or what you’ll likely miss out on and the sacrifices you will need to make if you choose to pursue this goal.
- Assessing the resources and tools you will need and whether or not you are resourceful enough to access them.
- Assessing time factors that could prevent you from achieving your goal.
- Assessing the mindset you will need to consistently cultivate to accomplish your goal.
This assessment helps you to better understand the nature of your goal and whether or not you have what it takes to achieve it. Using this map as a reference guide and reminder tool will ensure that you never pursue a goal that you’ll be unlikely to accomplish.