Over time as a result of life experience we develop certain habits of thinking that help us to effectively manage the circumstances in our lives. Some of these habits are empowering and work for us, while others are unhelpful and work against us. In fact, many of these unhelpful thinking styles can cause a great deal of emotional distress if left unchecked.
Unhelpful Thinking habits can also lead to a plethora of other more serious emotional concerns that result from an inability to effectively control one’s responses to events and circumstances.
The first step to change always begins when we become aware of our thought process. Once awareness has been established, we can then begin to consciously shift our mental thinking patterns in a more productive and helpful direction.
You essentially have two options when it comes to your thoughts: You can take control of them, or you can allow your thoughts to control you.
IQ Matrix Maps
Below you will find relevant IQ Matrix maps that are part of this segment of the MasterMind Matrix chart:
- Common Thinking Errors
- Optimal Thinking Habits #1
- Optimal Thinking Habits #2
- Unhelpful Thinking Styles
Learn more about this segment of the MasterMind Matrix by visiting the following links and resources:
- 10 Common Faults in Human Thought
- 10 More Common Faults in Human Thought
- 15 Common Cognitive Distortions
- 50 Common Cognitive Distortions
- Challenge Your Unhelpful Thoughts
- Challenging Unhelpful Thoughts
- Examples of Automatic Negative Thoughts
- Identifying and Challenging Unhelpful Thinking
- Managing Unhelpful Thoughts
- Recognizing Common Unhelpful Thinking Styles
- Unhelpful Thinking Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- Unhelpful Thinking Styles Explained
Here are several recommended books that will provide you with more insights and information about this specific segment of the MasterMind Matrix chart.