Meta-programs are organized mental shortcuts directing our behaviors, decisions and our interpretations of experience. They can be compared to software applications that constantly guide our thoughts, beliefs, values and responses to circumstances.
Meta-programs effectively determine what we delete, distort and generalize from our experience of reality. This can of course lead to biased perspectives and interpretations of people and events.
Becoming aware of the meta-programs that are running our lives can help us to better understand our personal motives, behaviors and habits. Furthermore, they can also assist us with identifying other people’s psychological tendencies — allowing us to build rapport and therefore better influence their behavior.
There are approximately 50 meta-programs that have been officially recognized, with more being identified periodically.
IQ Matrix Maps
Below you will find relevant IQ Matrix maps that are part of this segment of the MasterMind Matrix chart:
Learn more about this segment of the MasterMind Matrix by visiting the following links and resources:
- Advanced Patterns: NLP Meta Programs
- How to See and Pace NLP Meta-Programs
- Meta-Programs and Characterization
- Meta-Programs and Intrinsic Values in NLP
- Meta-Programs: The Key to Persuasion and Influence
- Meta-Programs: The Secret to Communicating More Effectively
- NLP Meta Programs Part 1 and Part 2
- Putting NLP Mata-Programs Research in Context
- Seven Meta-Programs for Understanding People
- Understanding Your Meta-Programs
Here are several recommended books that will provide you with more insights and information about this specific segment of the MasterMind Matrix chart.