The Reticular Activation System (RAS) was first introduced by Anthony Robbins in his bestselling book Awaken the Giant Within. It shouldn’t be confused with the part of the brain known as the Reticular Activating System, however they are related.
The RAS is a filter that is applied to the staggering amount of data that gets picked up by the five senses of sight, sound, touch, taste and smell. This filter works 24/7, and it’s the only thing that is keeping us from being overwhelmed by the massive amount of stimuli passing through our sensory organs.
The RAS determines what we consciously decide to give our attention to at any moment in time, while the remaining data gets filtered out and transferred to the unconscious parts of the brain.
For instance, when we set concrete goals we indicate to our RAS that anything associated with these goals is important to us. As a result our RAS goes to work bringing to our attention information and opportunities to help us achieve our goals.
IQ Matrix Maps
Below you will find relevant IQ Matrix maps that are part of this segment of the MasterMind Matrix chart:
- There are currently no maps for this section.
Learn more about this segment of the MasterMind Matrix by visiting the following links and resources:
- About the Reticular Activating System
- Goals and Your Reticular Activating System
- How the Reticular Activating System Helps You Achieve Your Goals
- Reticular Activating System: If You Don’t Have it Your Game is Off
- The Reticular Activating System
- The Reticular Activating System: The Secret Behind the Secret
Here are several recommended books that will provide you with more insights and information about this specific segment of the MasterMind Matrix chart.