All the decisions we make are influenced by the roles we play. Furthermore, our roles are also intrinsically intertwined with our strengths and weaknesses.
Your life roles may include being a parent, coach, employee, boss, friend, colleague, son, daughter, mentor, accountant, lawyer, doctor, teacher, blogger, partner, student, and teammate, etc.
The roles you play and partake in each day provide insight into your commitments, responsibilities, as well as your priorities.
Given this, it’s clear to see that the roles we play shape who we are and what we choose to do each day. More importantly, though, your life roles shape your values, beliefs, standards, self-concept, and goals. In fact, it could be said that your life roles provide insight into your life’s purpose.
It’s important, though, to point out that at times our roles may not be aligned with our core values or goals. When this happens, we tend to feel unfulfilled, dissatisfied and unhappy with certain aspects of our lives. In such instances, we must take time to question the value each role plays in our lives.
IQ Matrix Maps
Below you will find relevant IQ Matrix maps that are part of this segment of the MasterMind Matrix chart:
- Balancing Work-Life Changes
- Balancing Work-Life Successfully
- Life Coaching Wheel
- Life Role Optimization
- Six Pillars of Work-Life Balance
Learn more about this segment of the MasterMind Matrix by visiting the following links and resources:
- Balance Yourself, Not Work and Life
- Competencies for Performing Life Roles
- Mind Map Your Roles and Goals
- Taking Inventory of Your Life and Roles
- The Wheel of Life: Finding Balance
- Too Busy for Work-Life Balance?
- Using Life Roles to Organize Your Budget
- What Are Your Roles in Life?
Here are several recommended books that will provide you with more insights and information about this specific segment of the MasterMind Matrix chart.