The Social Skills IQ Matrix will help you to develop better communication, listening and rapport skills that will enable you to connect with people on a deeper level. Taking the time to develop your social skills will allow to build closer social bonds with those around you. As a result you will have exposure to knowledge, information, resources, support and the opportunities you need to move your goals forward and also to help those in need.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Social Skills IQ Matrix:
- Getting Started: You must do three things before launching into your social environment. The first is to clarify your objectives and determine how you will approach the social situation. The second is to practice your vocals to help improve the clarity of your voice. And the third is to catch up on current news and events that you can use throughout your interactions.
- Make a Good First Impression: When you meet someone for the first time, you need to know how to make a good first impression. This branch explains exactly what you need to do to make a memorable first impression.
- Make Small Talk: At times it’s difficult to get a conversation started. However, if you’re good at making small-talk, then you can use this opportunity to really get to know the other person well and very quickly. You can later build on this small-talk to help create even deeper levels of rapport with the people you are conversing with.
- Active Listening: Being receptive and showing a willingness to listen to other people with sincerity and empathy is one of the fundamental keys that will help you build strong emotional connections with others. This branch shows you how to become an active listener.
- Build Rapport: You’ve made a good first impression, you’ve also moved past the small-talk and listened intently and actively to the other person. Now it’s time to develop deeper levels of rapport and to connect with the other person on a deeper emotional level.
- Social Mistakes: There are certain things that people do that completely sabotage their social game. Making these mistakes prevents them from developing close ties and connections with other people. You must avoid these mistakes at all costs if you seek to become a person that others care for, respect and admire.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the social skills you need to create unbreakable emotional ties and bonds with those around you.
Lifetime Member Download
IQ Matrix Lifetime Members must be logged in to access this map. Once you are logged in, please click on the button below to download a pdf copy of this map to your computer or device.
Not yet a lifetime member? Click here to find out how to gain access to hundreds of self-growth mind maps.