The Pain and Pleasure Principle IQ Matrix presents the two primary motivating forces behind all of our choices, decisions and actions. The pain and pleasure principle dictates how we feel on a daily basis. In fact this principle carves out our destiny at an unconscious level of awareness. This mind map explores the eight step process to help you use this principle to your advantage.
This IQ Matrix outlines the transformation process that allows you to move from a state of procrastination, uncertainty and hesitation, to a state of desire, certainty and motivation. Here is a quick break down of each stage of the Pain and Pleasure Principle IQ Matrix:
- Behavior Origins: Within the first stage you must identify the limiting behavior that you would like to transform throughout this process.
- Create Pain: Once you have identified your limiting behavior, you must now associate a great deal of pain towards continuing this behavior.
- Pattern Interrupt: Once pain has been associated, your next task is to interrupt the old pattern of behavior.
- Create Leverage: Now that the old patterns of behavior have been interrupted, your task at this stage is to begin creating momentum and leverage to infuse a new pattern of behavior into your psyche.
- Create Pleasure: Now that you have enough leverage, your task is to create a new pattern of behavior that you will associate a great deal of pleasure to.
- New Behavior Anchoring: Having associated a great deal of pleasure to your new behavior, you must now anchor this new pattern to your neurology in order to ensure that this behavior is effectively conditioned into your psyche.
- Becoming a Realist: Become a realist by using foresight and preparing in advance for possible roadblocks and problems that may arise as you endeavor to condition this new behavior into your psychology long-term.
- Your Plan of Action: Finally, draw up a plan of supportive actions for your new empowering behavior, allowing for long-term guidance as you move forward into the future.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your daily behavior transformation regime, and you will progressively overcome the limiting habitual patterns that are currently sabotaging your daily thoughts, decisions and actions.
Lifetime Member Download
IQ Matrix Lifetime Members must be logged in to access this map. Once you are logged in, please click on the button below to download a pdf copy of this map to your computer or device.
Not yet a lifetime member? Click here to find out how to gain access to hundreds of self-growth mind maps.