The nervous system is the central hub that sorts all information filtering through the five senses. Its purpose is to delete, distort and generalize experience, thereby helping us to make better sense of the world around us.
The nervous system is the seat of consciousness and mental activity that filters perceptual experience in a way that reinforces structures of reality that match existing beliefs, expectations and habits.
The nervous system has a direct influence over the emotional mind — otherwise known as the limbic system. This is the seat of all our emotional experiences.
When the limbic system is stimulated, it triggers the pituitary gland which controls hormonal fluctuations. Consequently emotions are experienced within the body as a result of our interpretations of reality — not actual reality. This can likewise trigger a stress response, thereby raising blood pressure and heart rate levels.
IQ Matrix Maps
Below you will find relevant IQ Matrix maps that are part of this segment of the MasterMind Matrix chart:
Learn more about this segment of the MasterMind Matrix by visiting the following links and resources:
- 41 Interesting Facts About Human Emotions and Instincts
- About the Amygdala
- About the Limbic System
- About the Nervous System
- About Neuropeptides
- An Introduction to the Endocrine System
- Limbic System: The Center of Emotions
- List of Human Hormones
- New Research Says There Are Only Four Emotions
- The Amygdala
- The Amygdala and Emotions
- The Amygdala and Fear are Not the Same
- The Amygdala and the Social Brain
- The Amygdala Made Me Do It
- The Autonomic Nervous System
- The Central Nervous System
- The Endocrine System
- The Limbic System
- The Peripheral Nervous System
- The Pituitary Gland
- Woman Never Experiences Fear
Here are several recommended books that will provide you with more insights and information about this specific segment of the MasterMind Matrix chart.