All the decisions we make are influenced by the roles we partake in throughout the day. Furthermore, our roles are also intrinsically connected to the foundations of our strengths and weaknesses.
Life roles can include being a parent, coach, employee, boss, friend, colleague, son, daughter, mentor, accountant, lawyer, doctor, teacher, blogger, partner, student, etc.
Because the roles we partake in determine our commitments, responsibilities and priorities, this means that they also shape who we are and what we do on a daily basis. This means that they shape our values, goals and personal legend, which will be discussed a little later.
It’s important to point out that at times our roles may not be aligned with our core values or goals. As a result we will feel unfulfilled, unsatisfied and unhappy with certain aspects of our lives. In such instances we must take time to question our roles and determine whether or not changes need to be made.
IQ Matrix Maps
Below you will find relevant IQ Matrix maps that are part of this segment of the MasterMind Matrix chart:
- Balancing Work-Life Changes
- Balancing Work-Life Successfully
- Life Coaching Wheel
- Six Pillars of Work-Life Balance
Learn more about this segment of the MasterMind Matrix by visiting the following links and resources:
- Balance Yourself, Not Work and Life
- Competencies for Performing Life Roles
- Mind Map Your Roles and Goals
- Taking Inventory of Your Life and Roles
- The Wheel of Life: Finding Balance
- Too Busy for Work-Life Balance?
- Using Life Roles to Organize Your Budget
- What Are Your Roles in Life?
Here are several recommended books that will provide you with more insights and information about this specific segment of the MasterMind Matrix chart.