The words we use throughout the day are nothing more than labels for our emotions, feelings and moods. They describe our sensory experiences and they make generalizations about our understanding of reality. Moreover, words are simply assumptions that create biased perspectives that distort our world by inducing emotional state anchors.
The words we use shape our character, decisions, behaviors, emotions and actions. For this very reason we must learn to become consciously aware of our daily language patterns and adjust our vocabulary accordingly so that it works for us rather than against us.
We can transform our vocabulary by simply choosing different words that trigger more productive emotional states. So instead of saying that “I am angry” I might say that “I am disenchanted”. Instead of saying that “I am afraid”, I might say that “I am curious”. When you change your words you will likewise transform your corresponding emotional response, and subsequently your behavior.
IQ Matrix Maps
Below you will find relevant IQ Matrix maps that are part of this segment of the MasterMind Matrix chart:
Learn more about this segment of the MasterMind Matrix by visiting the following links and resources:
- 5 Surprising Ways Your Language Affects How You Think
- 7 Ways to Leave Negative Self-Talk Behind
- 101 Words That Feel Good
- Challenging Negative Thinking
- Does Language Influence Our View of the World?
- How to be More Mindful of Your Self-Talk
- Improve Your Life with Positive Self-Talk
- Language, Emotion and Well-Being Explored
- Meta Model
- Milton Model
- Sleight of Mouth
- Study: Language Can Affect Emotions
- The Power of Language
- Upgrading Your Language Patterns
Here are several recommended books that will provide you with more insights and information about this specific segment of the MasterMind Matrix chart.