The Developing Empathy IQ Matrix will help you step into another person’s shoes and experience the world from their perspective. It will help you develop a richer understanding of another person’s feelings, needs, thoughts, insecurities, fears, and life experience. As you work through the six-step process outlined in this map you will become more attuned as to how people interpret the world around them. Gaining this understanding will help you build rapport and deeper levels of trust with those you interact with.
Here is a quick break down of each branch of the Developing Empathy IQ Matrix:
- Empathy: Defines what empathy means and explores what is required from a personal level to have empathy. This branch also outlines the advantages of empathy and how it can help you improve your social relations with others.
- Active Listening: Delves into the process of active listening, which is an indispensable component of developing empathy.
- Empathy Process: Breaks down a six-step process that will help you to develop your empathy muscle while conversing with others.
- Practicing Empathy: Explores ways you can practice empathy throughout the day by yourself and while in the company of other people.
- Words of Caution: Presents a list of things that will prevent you from being empathetic.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop an incredible understanding of other people’s thoughts, feelings and life experiences. Your empathy will also allow you to create harmonious relationships and eliminate all conflict and disagreement arising from your social relationships.
Lifetime Member Download
IQ Matrix Lifetime Members must be logged in to access this map. Once you are logged in, please click on the button below to download a pdf copy of this map to your computer or device.
Not yet a lifetime member? Click here to find out how to gain access to hundreds of self-growth mind maps.