The Developing Assertiveness IQ Matrix will help you to learn the skill of becoming more assertive in your day-to-day interactions with others. Becoming more assertive has significant advantages in the real world and it could potentially be the one vital skill you need, to take your career and relationships to the next level. However, being assertive doesn’t mean being aggressive. There is a significant difference between the two. One will work to your advantage, while the other could make your life very difficult.
Here is a quick break down of each branch of the Developing Assertiveness IQ Matrix:
- Defining Assertiveness: Provides a clear definition of what being assertive actually means, while giving you several insights into the advantages derived from adding this important skill to your social arsenal.
- Being Timid or Aggressive: Breaks down the disadvantages and numerous pitfalls that people often go through when they are being timid and aggressive while interacting with others. This branch also highlights how aggression is a vastly different approach when compared to assertiveness.
- Being Assertive: Explores the verbal and non-verbal habits of an assertive individual. All people who have mastered the art of being assertive have developed these habits over time and continue to practice them every day while interacting with others.
- Assertiveness Process: Breaks down the five step assertiveness process that you can use as a guide to help you develop the skill of being more assertive. The key part of this process is the learning and integration phase, that helps build a platform for continuous improvement over time.
- Assertiveness Tips: The final branch presents you with numerous tips to help you develop the skill of being more assertive. The tips specifically focus on how to respond to criticism in an assertive way, and how to state your opinion and disapproval assertively.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively become more assertive over time. Your assertiveness could be the one skill you need that will help you to take the next step along your career path or take your relationships with others to another level.
Lifetime Member Download
IQ Matrix Lifetime Members must be logged in to access this map. Once you are logged in, please click on the button below to download a pdf copy of this map to your computer or device.
Not yet a lifetime member? Click here to find out how to gain access to hundreds of self-growth mind maps.